Sterling on Yan fight: Thank you for being dumb enough not to know the rules

Posted by AlL._.SpOrTs._.ReViEwS on April 8, 2022

Aljamain Sterling boxing

American mixed martial arts fighter, current UFC bantamweight champion Aljamain Sterling spoke about his reaction to the forbidden blow of Petr Yan, which he delivered in their first fight, which ended in a disqualification of the Russian.

 

“Thanks to Yan for being dumb enough not to know the rules. My reaction after the violation was: “What did he hit me with?”. The hits you can’t see do the most damage to you.

 

It’s a bittersweet feeling of fighting hard for a title shot, getting it and working hard. It’s a shitty way to end the fight as I went through a lot of shit to get there,” Sterling said on the UFC YouTube channel.

 

Recall that the fight between Jan and Sterling will take place on the night of April 9-10. It will take place at the UFC 273 mixed martial arts tournament and will be the co-main event of the sporting event. The fighters were supposed to meet on October 30 last year, but the fight was cancelled due to the health problems of the American.

 

Interim UFC bantamweight champion Russian Peter Yan recalled his fight with American Algemain Sterling, in which he was disqualified for a prohibited knee strike.

 

“Then I thought to myself, ‘What have you done? The victory was so close.”

 

I believe that at least it was necessary to declare this fight invalid, but in no way reward Sterling with a championship belt. A self-respecting fighter would never accept this title,” Yang said on the UFC YouTube channel.